Monday, September 15, 2008

Talking to Mom on the phone now...

She had another bear incident last night. Mom let one of her dogs, Boo, outside to pee when Boo ran down the road, barking. Mom jumped in her car with a gun and a rechargeable jumbo flashlight in time to see a bear chasing Boo down the road. I'd like to point out here real quick that most people wouldn't respond to a barking dog with a loaded rifle, cheap ass flashlight and a quick drive in a dented Subaru down the road. But this is my Mom here, a woman who spread rumors of a militia in her neighborhood during a taped news interview. But that is a story for another day.

Anyway, so Mom yelled, "hey hey hey" at the bear causing it to stop and run in the bushes where it sat staring at her. She heard more noise in another bush and then some woofing and a baby bear crying. It's no wonder either, I can imagine her throaty yell is quite scary to anyone, let alone a baby animal. It is somewhat blood curdling and often causes the hair to stand on my arms. After 30+ years I'm still not used to it.

I guess Mom's bro, Uncle S. is planning on making bear salami.

1 comment:

A. Malcontent said...

You need to send me up some of that bear salami!